Yes, I would def take her in. I hope she gets feeling better soon!
I was going to take her in today but she did better last night and slept better and only threw up once last night from the coughing! And woke up seeming to feel a lot better so far.. Still has a congested cough but it seems better and her fever is down too.. We used vix on her feet and a tiny bit on her chest last night and it's seemed to help! Thank you everyone for the comments!
Ugh she felt so much better yesterday but now since last night hasn't been able to hold a bottle down fixing to take her to urgent care or the hospital if she doesn't hold down the next one or some jello.. I'm afraid she is getting dehydrated
Well we didn't like the ER dr at all but she said DD tested positive for RSV so just pedialite for her for the next 24 hours and on too of that when we got home I found she has cut at least one tooth thru today or yesterday! She is a trooper.. Poor thing so sick plus cutting teeth :-/
Poor baby. RSV can be rough on babies so I'm glad that you are keeping a close eye on her.
Took DD to her regular dr today and she prescribed her albuturol and a nebulizer machine for it, a steroid to take for 5 days and also a prescription cough med! So hopefully she will be on the mend soon!
She should be with those meds er doctors are frustrating sometimes
You should see a very good improvement with those medications. I hope the she is feeling better very soon.
She can't handle the taste of the steroid no matter what I put it in so just breathing treatments and cough med so hopefully better soon thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers! We need them! She has lost about a pound and was a low weight anyway before that
Steroids are very nasty tasting and you can't hide the taste so I understand (I've been on them too many times to count). They can really help if you can get them down her, though. They actually might improve her appetite, too.
I agree with Raspberries on this. When Thea was about 4mths she got RSV and it was a battle get her to take the steroids but it did help her get better faster than just the nebulizer and albuturol
We tried everything and she still threw it up but she is taking prescription cough medicine and the nebulizer.. Her cough is sounding better but she is still not drinking very many bottles at all :-/ and half the time when she does she is throwing them up this throwing up now I don't know if it's from her plegm drainage or her teething because she is also cutting teeth through poor thing so in some ways she is better and in some not.. She is still extremely whiny and clingy and just generally icky feeling but I think half of it is the teething now.. I just want her to eat tho ( well drink since she won't hardly eat solids) and hold it down.. She has already lost about a pound and she was below weight before she got sick :-/
Giving her milky drinks will definitely cause her to throw up as the phlegm doesn't mix well with that from my experiences. What did the doc say to feed her? I was instructed to continue breastfeeding Thea but only one breast per feeding so that she wouldn't be full which met extra feedings which I didn't mind and that worked out better.
I also personally vomit when I have lots of post nasal drip if I wait too long to eat. I'd also offer less food more often to see if that helps.
Is she doing better today? Have you given completely up on the steroids?
She won't drink the pedialyte now which is the other liquid they said to give her.. And her cough is quite a bit better today.. She has threw up one bottle today but only drank 3 or 4 and they were all only 1 oz at a time:-/ so we are struggling to get her to drink a anything.. Idk if I should call the dr again tomorrow or not because her cough is a lot better as long as we give her the breathing treatments.. I don't think they would tell me to do anything different.. And I also appreciate y'alls comments and help so much!
Call the doc and see what they say as they may be able to give her something else!?
Yea I'm thinking of calling! She also has had reflux since she was born pretty much and takes medicine for that so it know that's adding to her throwing up stuff since she has been sick
I may have missed this but how old is she? Are you against offering sips of water? Doesn't have to be much and I'd personally offer a few small drinks after a feeding to help with some of the post nasel drip. My concern for her is dehydration.
She is 8 almost 9 months old and I've been giving her sips of water and pedialyte when she will take them.. I'm worried about her getting dehydrated too I'm waiting on the nurse to call me back about what to do for her